Fertility treatments can help make your dream of parenthood come true
Seeing one negative pregnancy test after another can be disheartening, but fertility treatments can help you see a positive and bring home a baby. Our Connecticut fertility specialist, Andrew Levi MD, offers state-of-the-art treatments that range from the basic to the advanced. He works with you to determine which treatment is best, based on your diagnosis, budget and family-building goals.
The right diagnosis leads to the right treatment plan
Before developing your customized fertility treatment plan, Dr. Levi will request a medical history from you and your partner, and then perform diagnostic testing. The female partner will often undergo bloodwork, a physical examination and a transvaginal ultrasound. In contrast, the male partner will undergo a semen analysis.
Armed with information about your hormone levels and ovarian reserve (egg supply) and your partner’s sperm count, Dr. Levi will determine which fertility treatments may work for you. Together, you will review your options and decide which one you would like to pursue.
Exploring your options for fertility treatments
If possible, our Connecticut fertility specialist starts with basic treatments before moving to more advanced options like IVF. Dr. Levi will walk you through each treatment, explaining their advantages and disadvantages. His goal is to develop a customized plan for you that gives you the best chance of becoming a parent.
The following fertility treatments are some of the most common options to help patients conceive.
- Fertility medications, including oral medications and injectable gonadotropins, can help induce ovulation. Some patients will take these medications as part of timed intercourse. In contrast, others will take them in conjunction with another treatment.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) involves inserting sperm from the male partner or a donor into the uterus using a catheter (a thin and flexible tube). This can occur with or without fertility medications.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) is an advanced procedure that involves multiple steps. The woman takes fertility medication and then undergoes an egg retrieval procedure. Our embryologists will combine the eggs with sperm in the laboratory before Dr. Levi will transfer one of the resulting embryos to the woman’s uterus.
- Advanced laboratory procedures with IVF, including preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), can boost the likelihood of having a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Third party reproduction makes parenthood possible using gestational surrogacy and embryo, sperm and egg donation.
We also offer fertility preservation in the form of embryo freezing. This allows patients to delay parenthood until the time is right.
Dr. Levi can help you get started with treatment
If you are ready to overcome infertility and get started with treatment, contact us. Our Connecticut fertility specialist can reach an accurate diagnosis and develop a treatment plan to help you become a parent.